Sunday, November 20, 2011

Where Do You Go For Information On Alexander Technique?

I like reading AlexanderTechnique.com and its sister sites such as AlexanderAudio.com. There's my main Alexander site -- Alexander90210.com. Also check out DirectionJournal.com.

I teach Alexander Technique out of Beverly Hills.

It is great having a skill I can teach around the world. I don't need any tools. I don't need anything but my teaching abilities and the internet to get the word out. I love working for myself. I love meeting new people who are interested in personal growth.

Alexander Technique helps us to become aware of how we respond to stimuli and it shows us how to let go of those responses that don't serve us. For instance, many people seem stuck in the fight-or-flight reflex (head thrust forward, shoulders rising up, neck and torso compressed). While that reflex might serve us in certain emergencies such as a charging tiger, it does not help us in 99% of life. Instead, it makes movement, thought and emotion more awkward.

A person who moves awkwardly is more likely to think and to feel in a distorted way and to relate awkwardly to himself and to others. By contrast, somebody who's poised will likely interact with others smoothly. Just ask yourself -- would I rather hang out with people filled with weird tension patterns or with those who appear at ease?
Luke Ford lives by Beverly Hills and teaches around Los Angeles. Lessons cost $100 each and last 45 minutes.
264 S. La Cienega Blvd. #1417 BH, CA 90211 E-mail: lukeisback@gmail.com Fax: 310-388-0814 Phone: 323-528-5814
My latest blogging on Alexander Technique:

* A typical lesson with Luke Pictures
* My journey
* Finding tranquility

* What do you notice?

* Healthcare
* Medication
* TMJ Relief
* Running and exercise
* Alexander historian Jeroen Staring
* Back pain
* British Medical Journal Study
* My sore stomach
* Learning To Be Gentle With Yourself
* Psycho-therapy
* Letting go of resentment
* Taking responsibility
* Alexander Vs. Feldenkreis
* Sports performance
* Physical therapy

Recommended Writings On Alexander Technique:

* The one Alexander Technique exercise -- active rest. Part two. 
* Alexander Technique and the emotions.
 Alexander Technique directions.* Alexander Technique and the actorPart Two
* Alexander Technique and the singer.

* Direction Journal

Here are my interviews with Alexander Technique teachers:

Malcolm Balk Paul Cook Sharon Jakubecy Michael Frederick Bruce Kodish Robert Rickover Adolfo Santamaria Larry White

No comments:

Post a Comment